There are a lot of tests out there that are waiting for you to take them. Since you’ve only got limited time and effort, you’ll want to make sure that you’ve got that list focused on what you need to get done. Should a test for food intolerance be on there? Only you can tell for sure, but once you take a look at these 5 benefits to getting one, you may very well be pencilling yourself in for one sooner rather than later!
5 realistic reasons to test for food intolerance
These are just 5 of the best benefits to consider this helpful and supportive test for your daily life. Some of these may appeal to you more than others. Or, perhaps all of them sound great right about now!
- It can help you feel better: When you learn how to treat your body the right way — based on its specific needs — you’ll be able to experience a noticeable jump in how you feel. You’ll have a bit more zip in your step, a lot more energy when you wake up, and you’ll feel like you’re on the top of the world. It’s incredible to think about what treating our bodies right can do for us.
- It can help you lose weight: You’ll find that diagnosing a food intolerance can help you slim down your waistline. Instead of bloating up and feeling unmotivated to workout or eat healthy (since it appears to be doing nothing for you), you’ll find that bloat will disappear and you won’t feel sore or fatigued after a day of work. This leaves you with more energy to eat right and get your workout in as well.
- You’ll be able to feed yourself better: Since you know what your problem foods are, you’ll be able to expand your diet again to take in the full nutrition that you need from a balanced diet. It’s normal to stick to certain foods that we know are “safe” (aka symptom-free) so that often has negative impacts on our overall nutrition. You’ll be able to open the floodgates once more and enjoy a well-rounded diet that will also make you feel better.
- You’ll enjoy food again: Similar to #3; you’ll absolutely love the fact that a test for food intolerance is going to help you enjoy food again. No longer will new foods make you worried or fearful. You can bake and cook and eat out with friends and generally live your food-based life with this new information to guide you on “problem” foods as well as how much of each intolerant food you can have without experiencing symptoms.
- It’s easy and convenient: The test can be done with a hair sample right from home. The tests are done via mail in a lab, and then the results are mailed to you. No pricks or pokes or long waits at a clinic.
After taking a look at these perks, it’s time to really ask yourself whether or not a test for food intolerance should be on your list. It’s easier than a lot of the others, and it is also much more convenient than the others. Only makes sense to embrace these benefits while you can, right? It isn’t too often you’ll get so many handed to you in the form of one test!